News Elementor

RECENT NEWS

Ishaq Dar Condemns Houthi Attack That Killed Three Pakistanis in Red Sea

Islamabad, August 12, 2026: Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar has strongly condemned a Houthi attack on a commercial vessel in the Red Sea that killed three Pakistani nationals.

The attack occurred on Tuesday near the Bab al-Mandeb Strait. Yemen’s Coast Guard said six people died and 10 others suffered injuries after Houthi forces attacked the Yemeni-flagged vessel Tihamah.

Three Pakistani nationals and one Indonesian sailor died in the attack. Two members of Yemen’s 2nd Naval Brigade also lost their lives.

Dar said Pakistan remains in contact with Saudi authorities and Yemen’s internationally recognised government. He directed Pakistan’s embassy in Riyadh to coordinate with both sides and take immediate steps to bring the Pakistani victims’ remains home.

The foreign minister also ordered the embassy to provide all possible assistance to the Pakistani national who survived the attack with injuries.

Dar said he learned about the incident with deep concern. He offered condolences to the families of the three Pakistani victims.

He also condemned the attack on the commercial vessel, which carried food supplies. Dar said attacks on non-combatant ships endanger civilians and violate international law.

The foreign minister warned that such incidents threaten freedom of navigation and maritime security. He also said they put commercial shipping in the Red Sea at greater risk.

According to Yemen’s Coast Guard, rescue teams recovered 11 Pakistani and Indonesian sailors after the attack.

Yemeni authorities said the Houthis struck the Tihamah three times with ballistic missiles. The attacks started a fire and caused significant damage to the vessel.

The Transportation Ministry said the Houthis launched another missile while rescue teams approached the ship. Officials said the additional attack disrupted the rescue operation and increased the risk to the crew.

The ministry described the incident as a terrorist attack and warned that attacks on commercial vessels could disrupt maritime trade and food supplies.

Yemeni officials said the incident formed part of a wider Houthi campaign against ports, civilian infrastructure and commercial vessels operating in areas controlled by the internationally recognised government.

Maritime security sources said the crew lost control of the vessel after the attack. The Yemeni Coast Guard then approached the ship but came under fire, according to UK maritime risk management group Vanguard.

The vessel later came under another reported attack while anchored northeast of Perim Island. UK Maritime Trade Operations and maritime security company Ambrey reported the incident.

Shipping activity through the Bab al-Mandeb Strait and Red Sea has fallen sharply amid continuing attacks.

Kpler data showed an average of 32 vessels passed through the strait each day last week. The figure stood at about 50 vessels per day before the Houthis announced their latest blockade.

Traffic through the Strait of Hormuz has fallen even further. Only six vessels passed through the waterway on Monday, compared with a 10-day average of about 11.

Before the current conflict, around 130 to 140 vessels passed through the Strait of Hormuz each day.

Iran War Deepens as Hormuz Crisis, Yemen Clashes and US Tensions Escalate

The latest incident adds to growing concerns over the safety of Pakistani nationals caught in the wider regional conflict.

A Pakistani national died in the UAE on February 28 during the interception of an Iranian missile. Another Pakistani died in Dubai’s Al Barsha area on March 8.

A third Pakistani national died in Abu Dhabi’s Bani Yas area on March 17. On March 27, another Pakistani citizen died in Abu Dhabi’s Sweihan Street area after debris from an intercepted missile fell in the city.

Pakistan is continuing to monitor the latest Red Sea incident while diplomatic officials work with regional authorities to secure the repatriation of the three victims.

RECENT POSTS

CATEGORIES

Web Desk

One thought on “Ishaq Dar Condemns Houthi Attack That Killed Three Pakistanis in Red Sea”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RELATED NEWS

SUBSCRIBE US

Subscribe to our mailing list to get update directly in your inbox!

Copyright © 2026 99News. All Rights Reserved.