News Elementor

RECENT NEWS

Gaza Ceasefire Faces Fresh Doubts as Israeli Strikes Continue Despite Trump Push

Hopes for a lasting Gaza Ceasefire weakened on Sunday after Israeli airstrikes killed at least nine Palestinians, even as US President Donald Trump claimed progress toward implementing last year’s truce agreement.

Palestinian health officials said Israeli warplanes launched separate strikes in Gaza City, Deir al-Balah and Khan Younis. The attacks came a day after Trump announced what he described as a breakthrough in efforts to advance a US-backed ceasefire plan.

Israeli Energy Minister Eli Cohen said no agreement currently exists to halt military operations. He added that Israel, which says it already controls about 70% of Gaza, should take full control of the territory. Cohen serves on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s security cabinet, which oversees national security and diplomatic policy.

Civilian Casualties Reported Across Gaza

More than 100 words into the latest developments, the Gaza Ceasefire remained uncertain as airstrikes continued across the enclave.

Medical officials said an Israeli strike on an apartment in Deir al-Balah killed a husband and wife and injured four other civilians. Another strike in Gaza City killed two people, including a child.

In Khan Younis, a strike on a house in the Mawasi area killed a father, mother and their nine-year-old son. Another Palestinian died near Jabalia in northern Gaza.

The Israeli military said it targeted two commanders from Hamas’ elite Nukhba force in Deir al-Balah. It also said the strikes in Gaza City and Jabalia targeted Hamas military operatives.

According to Palestinian officials, Israeli strikes have killed at least 1,230 Palestinians since the ceasefire agreement was reached in October.

Ceuta Migration Crisis Death Toll Climbs to 72 as Spain Tightens Border Controls

Ceasefire Roadmap Still Awaits Implementation

Trump said this week that Hamas had agreed to disarm under a US-backed initiative designed to implement the ceasefire negotiated in Egypt last year.

On Friday, the US-led Board of Peace released a 15-point roadmap outlining the final steps required to enforce the agreement.

However, Hamas has insisted it will place its weapons into storage only after Israel completely halts military operations and withdraws its forces under the terms of the agreement.

An Israeli official told Reuters that Israel would not withdraw from current military positions unless Hamas undertakes what it described as genuine disarmament.

Political Divisions Persist

Eli Cohen expressed doubt that Hamas would surrender its weapons, arguing the group would instead attempt to conceal its military capabilities.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has not publicly commented on the latest US initiative. Meanwhile, National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir rejected the proposal and called for Israel to continue military operations against Hamas leaders.

Former senior Fatah official Mohammed Dahlan, who is based in the United Arab Emirates, said Jared Kushner informed him that discussions with Israeli officials were continuing to secure an end to the fighting.

Dahlan added that successful implementation of the agreement now depends on Israel ending its daily military operations in Gaza. The US State Department has not commented on his remarks, while Israeli officials have yet to issue a response.

RECENT POSTS

CATEGORIES

Web Desk

One thought on “Gaza Ceasefire Faces Fresh Doubts as Israeli Strikes Continue Despite Trump Push”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RELATED NEWS

SUBSCRIBE US

Subscribe to our mailing list to get update directly in your inbox!

Copyright © 2026 99News. All Rights Reserved.