News Elementor

RECENT NEWS

Lebanon Ceasefire Tested as Israeli Soldiers Killed During Border Operation Amid Rome Talks

Lebanon Ceasefire efforts came under renewed strain after Israel confirmed that two of its soldiers were killed during an operation in southern Lebanon on Wednesday, while Lebanese officials reported that Israeli retaliatory strikes killed at least one civilian. The latest violence unfolded as Israeli and Lebanese representatives continued US-backed security talks in Rome aimed at reducing tensions along the shared border.

The negotiations, which began on Tuesday and are scheduled to continue through Thursday, follow a security arrangement brokered by the United States in June to limit hostilities between the two sides. Lebanon Ceasefire remains fragile despite the agreement, with military operations and cross-border incidents continuing to challenge efforts to restore stability.

According to Israel’s Army Radio, the two soldiers were killed and four others wounded after an explosive device detonated inside a building during a security sweep in southern Lebanon. Israeli security officials said investigators were still determining whether the explosives had been planted before or after the June ceasefire came into effect.

Hormuz Deal Edges Closer as JD Vance Backs Diplomacy but Keeps Military Option on Iran

Israel initially described the explosion as a “blatant ceasefire violation” and responded with a series of airstrikes targeting southern Lebanon. However, Defence Minister Israel Katz later issued a statement mourning the soldiers without accusing Hezbollah of violating the ceasefire, signalling that Israel may be seeking to avoid a wider military escalation.

Since the June agreement, Israel has maintained a buffer zone inside southern Lebanon, where its forces continue operations against what it describes as threats posed by the Iran-backed Hezbollah movement.

Meanwhile, Lebanon’s Health Ministry said an Israeli strike on the southern town of Tibnin killed one person and injured 12 others. The attack followed an evacuation warning issued by the Israeli military, marking the first online warning directed at Lebanon in more than a month.

The renewed violence has raised concerns over the durability of the ceasefire, even as diplomatic efforts continue in Rome to strengthen border security and prevent a broader regional conflict.

RECENT POSTS

CATEGORIES

Web Desk

One thought on “Lebanon Ceasefire Tested as Israeli Soldiers Killed During Border Operation Amid Rome Talks”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RELATED NEWS

SUBSCRIBE US

Subscribe to our mailing list to get update directly in your inbox!

Copyright © 2026 99News. All Rights Reserved.