News Elementor

RECENT NEWS

Trump’s Gaza Peace Board Assures Netanyahu Israel Won’t Withdraw Before Hamas Disarms

US President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace has assured Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that Gaza withdrawal plans will only move forward after Hamas fully disarms, addressing Israeli concerns over the proposed ceasefire framework.

The assurance came on Monday after two members of Netanyahu’s security cabinet called for a fresh vote on the US-backed proposal, arguing that the publicly released framework differed from the version presented to Israeli officials. The dispute followed Trump’s announcement that Hamas had agreed to surrender its weapons to a newly proposed Palestinian governing committee, a move he described as a “major milestone.”

Nickolay Mladenov, the Board of Peace’s high representative for Gaza, met Netanyahu in Jerusalem for talks that he described as challenging. Following the meeting, the board said both sides had reached a “common understanding of the shared objectives.”

Bangladesh Urges India to Clarify Position as Hasina Plans New Delhi Address

According to the board, Israel will not begin withdrawing beyond the Yellow Line—an area marking territory still under Hamas control—until the group’s weapons have been completely decommissioned. The statement said the process would begin only after Hamas fulfilled its commitment to mediators by fully disarming.

Even under the proposed plan, Israel would continue to maintain control over significant parts of Gaza as outlined in the Trump-backed ceasefire agreement reached in October.

The latest clarification followed Israel’s criticism of the board’s earlier proposal, which called for a phased Israeli withdrawal and the immediate suspension of military strikes in Gaza. Israeli officials argued that the published document failed to reflect Jerusalem’s negotiating position.

Doron Spielman, spokesperson for Netanyahu’s office, said Israel had formally conveyed its concerns to US officials, stressing that the released framework did not accurately represent Israel’s stance.

Bangladesh Urges India to Clarify Position as Hasina Plans New Delhi Address

Far-right Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich also criticised the proposal, saying it differed substantially from the version reviewed by Israel’s security cabinet. He joined another cabinet member in demanding an immediate new vote on the Gaza plan.

The episode highlights growing policy differences between Trump and Netanyahu despite their close political relationship. While Trump welcomed Hamas’s reported commitment to disarm, Netanyahu’s government has remained cautious, insisting that any long-term agreement must guarantee the complete, verifiable and irreversible demilitarisation of Hamas.

Netanyahu’s office argued that Hamas’s actions since the ceasefire demonstrate the group’s continued ability to threaten Israel and warned against any arrangement that could allow it to rebuild its military capabilities.

Differences have also emerged between Washington and Jerusalem over Iran, with Israel expressing reservations about Trump’s diplomatic efforts to resolve the conflict that began earlier this year.

Israeli President Isaac Herzog offered a more supportive assessment of the US initiative, calling it a positive development while emphasising that Hamas must fully surrender its weapons before any lasting agreement can be implemented.

Meanwhile, Palestinian political figure Mohammad Dahlan, who has been involved in discussions surrounding the Gaza roadmap, initially claimed that Jared Kushner had informed him Israeli military operations would end on Sunday. He later revised his statement, saying Kushner was instead working with Israeli officials to secure a halt to the attacks.

Dahlan later accused Netanyahu of obstructing what he described as the most promising opportunity to bring the war closer to an end.

Violence nevertheless continued on the ground. Gaza’s civil defence said an Israeli strike on a vehicle west of Gaza City on Monday killed two Palestinians and wounded several others. The Israeli military said it targeted two militants during the operation. A day earlier, Palestinian rescue officials reported that Israeli strikes killed 19 people, including women and children.

RECENT POSTS

CATEGORIES

Web Desk

One thought on “Trump’s Gaza Peace Board Assures Netanyahu Israel Won’t Withdraw Before Hamas Disarms”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RELATED NEWS

SUBSCRIBE US

Subscribe to our mailing list to get update directly in your inbox!

Copyright © 2026 99News. All Rights Reserved.